Sunday, June 16, 2013

Popping up...

Hey all!  Work has been really wiping me out lately, so I have not had any time extra for crafting, blogging or even Pinterest (gasp!).  Doesn't it drive you crazy when work gets in the way of creativity?  Lol ;)  Here is a quick card that I...err...I mean, my pups made for their Daddy for Father's Day.  Yep...that's right...fur babies count too...and they buy presents...hee hee ;)

"Popping Up To Say....Happy Father's Day":
SUPPLIES USED:
Card:  Michaels
Cardstock:  Unknown (using up scraps)
Patterned Paper (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn "Love 'n Breakfast" set (I am a SUCKER for food stamps...lol);  Inside sentiment by Unity 
Other:  Zig Marker (EK Success);  Silhouette Cameo 


Close up of the Inside:  I wove a cardstock strip into the Chevron strip to create a border to finish the inside, still keeping it simple.  Of course, I finished it off with a sentiment from UNITY :)  Sadly, I have had to downsize my budget, so I had to cancel both my SOTW and KOTM :(  I am soooo super sad, but, on the other hand, I will just have to get creative with what I have :)  THAT is a GREAT feeling!!!


Playing along with:

Hope you enjoy your Father's Day!!!  My Mommy was both my parents rolled into one....AND she was the BEST Father I could have ever had (we already know she ROCKED being a Mommy)!!!!  Happy Father's Day, Mommy!!!!  I love and miss you EVERY day!!!  Hugs to blogland!!!

15 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

What a sweetie of a card Pryn! Love those little Lawn Fawn characters. Fabulous CAS creation.

Linda

Donna Hanley said...

Oh my dear friend Pryn, we are very much alike. My "babies" always makes their Daddy card for special occasions. Hubby gets such a kick out of them. You had two parents rolled into your Mommy and I had two rolled into my Dad. Told you we were alike. I know you are busy but try to find time to relax. (I'm probably not the one to give that advise).
Big Hugs,
Donna

Cindy Groh said...

This is adorable. I love the toaster and toast images. Super cute.
I understand the whole work thing getting in the way of creating. Drives me nuts that we have to spend so much time getting ready for work, then driving there and then work 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week.
Anyway, since you've played at our chalk blog before I wanted to let you know that it's anything goes with chalk at Chalk Ah Lot for the next 12 days. Hopefully you can join us.
Best Wishes
Cindy
http://chalk-ah-lot.blogspot.com/

Penny said...

What an adorable card, Pryn! Love the design, the fun images, and perfect sentiment! Another CAS winner, for sure! :^) You make fabulous cards from so few items--so I don't think budget will ever be a problem for you! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Angeline Choo said...

HOW super cute is this??!! ADORABLE!

Kris said...

Very cute card. Our dogs (ha, ha!) too, make cards for their Mom and Dad.

JPScraps said...

The pups did a great job on the card ;)

Corrie said...

What a sweet card love the sentiment, I understand aboit downsizing. But I am sure you have so many amazing stamps that you will be okay

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Hi, sweet Pryn. Don't let the stress get to you. The fur babies created a keeper of a card, and I so agree about getting creative with what we have. Chin up, and have a fabulous week!

Gaylynn said...

Pryn, this is fun and so unique. I think this is a great daddy card. :)

Julie Odil said...

Absolutely, fur babies can give awesome Father's Day cards, and this is one of them. How cute! Love the whole thing. Give those fur babies a hug for me!

Katherine said...

Cutest toast I've ever seen!! TFS!

Ann said...

Awww that's such a cute card; glad your babies were up for making it! I must have a word with my dog and find out what's up with his lack of creativity.........

Emily Leiphart said...

Such a cute card, Pryn! I hope work lets up so you can craft again soon!

Angeline Choo said...

What a super cute card Pryn!! Am following you back on Bloglovin. Thanks for leaving such sweet comments everytime :)